With this service, you won't have to wait following damage to your windscreen: repairing a windscreen is very quick and much less costly than a replacement.
• Materials and resins required to repair the windscreen (in the case of damage that's less than the diameter of a £2 coin and outside the driver's line of sight)
• Labour for installation
• Visual checks by PEUGEOT experts
• Report of work carried out
HOW A WINDSCREEN IS MADE
Previously made out of toughened glass, windscreens used to shatter into a thousand pieces on impact. Modern windscreens are made out of laminated glass. They consist of alternating layers of glass and polyvinyl butyral (PVB), which makes the material flexible and resistant to being pierced. In the event of an impact, the bonding between the layers remains intact.
• Star break chips
• Combination breaks
• Bull's eyes
• Half moons
• Any damage in the driver's line of sight,
• Any damage around the edge of the windscreen,
• Star break chips whose surface area is larger than a £2 coin, or when there are more than 3 instances of windscreen damage. Likewise, any damage that has already been repaired cannot be repaired a second time,
• Any damage that has caused a small piece of glass to be removed,
• Any damage to athermic windscreens.
PEUGEOT IS HERE TO HELP
As soon as damage occurs, it is recommended that you protect the damaged area using a piece of transparent tape of the same size. In this way, you will avoid dust and water rendering the repair very delicate, or even impossible. Once you have done this, book an appointment as quickly as possible at a PEUGEOT Service centre.
Don't delay in repairing your windscreen, as damage that is repaired quickly will mean you avoid a costly replacement. If the damage cannot be repaired, your PEUGEOT garage will recommend changing the windscreen. Whatever the problem with your windscreen, PEUGEOT Service will be able to advise you and offer suitable solutions. If you have a question about your excess, contact your PEUGEOT Service sales advisor.
PEUGEOT AND THE ENVIRONMENT
As a responsible manufacturer, PEUGEOT is actively involved in the disposal of harmful substances*. From the design of our cars to the recycling of used parts, PEUGEOT and its network are committed to being environmentally aware at every stage of the vehicle's life cycle*.
*For more information, visit the site www.groupe-psa.com