PEUGEOT brakes and brake pad services
You can choose to have a brake assessment service carried out to check the vital components (drums, pads, discs and callipers) for added safety, and if a replacement part is required, you can also benefit from the brakes services available.
- A set of 4 pads for the front brakes
- Labour for installation
- Visual checks by PEUGEOT experts
- Report of work carried out
- Friction caused by braking leads to extreme heat being generated.
- The material on the brake pads is softer than that used for the discs so it will wear more quickly.
Have the condition of your pads checked (approx. every 10,000 km).
Have them replaced when the thickness reaches 2 mm.
When braking, a lot is asked of the brake discs. Any wear can cause vibrations. Optimum braking efficiency depends on them being in good condition.
Have them looked at every time the brake pads are replaced in order to check that their thickness is in line with manufacturer guidelines.
While they are used less than the pads, they are still subjected to the same forces.
Have the brake drums checked regularly (approx. every 20,000 km). Parts should be replaced when the thickness of the brake shoes is less than 1.5 mm.
- Not only can old fluid lead to a loss of braking performance, a leak in the hydraulic system can lead to the brakes failing. A light on the dashboard will show the warning level.
- In the event of an abnormally large drop in brake fluid, get advice from your PEUGEOT expert as quickly as possible.
Have your brake fluid changed at least once every two years, or every 40,000 or 60,000 km depending on the date of registration of your vehicle. It's essential.